BUGS held its lottery the morning of April 20th, but current 5th and 6th grade families can still apply online for the 2017-2018 school year by clicking here.
- All applicants will be receiving their acceptance letters in the mail the week of April 24th.
- Please note that all applications submitted after April 1st will go onto the post-lottery waiting list in the order they are received.
- A PDF download of the application is available here, and paper version are available at the school.
SCHOOL DAY TOURS: In case you have not visited BUGS already, we invite you to tour our classrooms on Thursday, May 11th. For more information, and to sign up for either a morning or afternoon tour, please click one of the following links:
You must RSVP to attend the tours. Please rsvp for a maximum of 3 people, including yourself, your child, and guests. Note: your child will be given an excuse/late slip for attending the event.
BUGS is a community-based charter school where students study the natural and social environment across all subjects, using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach. Students of all backgrounds and abilities are welcome.
BUGS is a small, welcoming middle school where…
- Students gain strong academic skills.
- A safe, welcoming, and respectful school climate supports all learners.
- Teachers collaborate regularly to create interdisciplinary projects.
- Students design, build and maintain an on-site garden and a native wildlife habitat.
We are located at 500 19th Street, within the Bishop Ford Complex
Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn.
Families can now use PayPal to pay food bills and field trip fees!
Or visit NYCharities.org to provide BUGS with your critical support!
Shop any of the Shutterfly brands, and 13% of your purchase will be donated to BUGS!