Welcome to BUGS!
BUGS is a community-based middle school, serving grades 6-8, where students study the natural and social environment across all subjects, using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach. Students of all backgrounds and abilities are welcome.
BUGS supports student excellence & exploration through:
- A strong science and math curriculum in which students focus on mastering in core discipline and becoming critical thinkers.
- High School admissions support in top schools such as Bard, Brooklyn Latin, Brooklyn Tech, iSchool, LaGuardia, Millennium, Murrow, Stuyvesant and many others.
- Sustainability approach though student-led field studies and real-world learning about environmentalism, economics, and social justice.
- A small, supportive, safe and highly diverse learning community.
- Individual attention through smaller class sizes and group advisors.
- Enrichment classes including Robotics, Graphic Design, Videography, Engineering, Dance, and Studio Art.
- Passionate Faculty who know, support and challenge each of our students to be their very best.
Check out this video to see what makes BUGS such a special place!
- Sep 21, 2018 Curriculum Night is Thursday, Sept. 27th! Sep 21, 2018
- July 2018
- Jun 22, 2018 Wynette Caesar named BUGS Interim Acting Principal Effective July 1st Jun 22, 2018
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please call or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.